PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Belated Response to AA 587 Accident
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2023, 14:09
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

First, seems some folks here are describing rudder systems that are not purely move the pedal, rudder moves "x". Move pedal to stop and rudder moves to stop. Ratios and even variable ratios according to "q" are implemented. So THERE ARE "laws" on many systems, just not laws implemented by HAL with little or no tactile feedback. So I shall continue to use the term "laws" for how your plane uses pilot inputs to then move control surfaces.

@India...... The rudder movement was so small that most of us felt it was pressure more than movement. I had the chance to give my bride a taxi ride in the back seat of a family model, including a burner takeoff initiation to about 120 knots. She had no trouble steering the jet down the taxiway with nosewheel steering engaged. Took her maybe two left-right commands and no comment about the "dead zone" plus we didn't go into the grass, heh heh. That was during a fleet grounding when something or other was being fixed and we had to run the things to keep them lubricated and also maybe discover something new to fix. Many of us had done this in the A-7D years before, so no big deal. Was a wonderful few weeks to reward many crew chiefs and others to actually see what we did most every day.

Gums sends...