PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 11th Jan 2023, 08:38
FutureBoeinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to share my feedback as I recently did my Ryanair assessment and have received a positive result.

For my preparation I used:

Pprune -> thanks everyone for the shared information

Pilotassessments.com -> the Ryanair preparation package is called “Irish Low Cost Carrier”

Intro
The assessment day started at 08:00 and we gathered at the reception of the HQ in Dublin. After we were picked up we got a quick tour through the building and then submitted our documents in a briefing room. Here we also had a presentation about the structure of the day. Next simulator pairs were formed and one pair started with the simulator and the others with the technical and HR interview.

Tech and HR interview
I started first with the technical and HR interview and had the following questions:
  • Introduce yourself?
  • What can you tell about Ryanair?
  • What would you contribute to Ryanair?
  • What are SOP’s, why are they important and what would you do if you notice a captain does not follow them?
  • Can you describe a situation in which you showed leadership?
  • What is your notice period?
  • What aircraft did you fly before and what can you tell about the electrical system?
  • What was the voltage of the battery and what is the voltage of the 737 battery?
  • How does a carburetor heater function?
  • What are swept wings and what are the advantages?
  • What do we use bleed air for?
The interview felt calm and related and in approximately 30 minutes I was finished with the interview.

Simulator
The simulator assessment took as well approximately 30 minutes for each.
  • Liverpool POL 4T SID with a climb to 5000ft
  • Afterwards airwork
  • Accelerate
  • Descent with 800 feet/min
  • In our case there was an emergency with smoke in the cabin, so we did DODAR/NITS briefing
  • Radar vectors for raw data ILS 27 at Liverpool
  • Landing (not assessed)
Make sure to do all handling and call-outs as described in the briefing package.

I hope my contribution will be of help to anyone else!
Last but not least: try to relax (as far as possible), be well prepared! and try to enjoy it as well