PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic information
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2023, 11:26
ctacik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scagrams
I'm working for a legacy in France now.
I worked for Smartlynx and another airline with full time contract somewhere more east before that, and while the number on my payslip were slightly lower monthly, I was paid 14+ months where companies like mentioned above can drop you without notice and feel free to change conditions as they see fit. Take a read at the thread above this one.
AB may not be the best contract or anything but it gives you something somewhat solid with some sort of legal framework. But yeah if it doesn't work for you, don't go, and enjoy crew control/support screwing your flight to go to your base or whatever else they come up with now. Haven't been there for a while
France? If you mean valljet, a lot of pilots left it when changed the commuting roster to relocation.
On May 2020 most of AB pilots were fired, so it's not accurate that there is job security there or something solid.
Nowadays, they could do more to keep the experienced pilots like a roster which could give the opportunity for some time at home or better salaries. Riga is a frosty boring small city, it's hard to have your life there. Salaries for relocation contracts should offer at least higher salaries than the commuting rosters. Beside the emotional cost of being cut off from friends and family you also need to take care housing, bills, transportation etc. But they just don't care if you leave after the three years of the bond, they have the newbies from the academy and the pilots without an EU passport who are unemployable for the most of European operators
Originally Posted by Luray
I passed a220 assessment a few months ago and it was easy. They were looking mostly at your attitude and crm skills.
After signing the contract and completing my conversion course and receiving uniform and airport pass i was fired without a reason. While being fired they mentioned something crazy like my ethnicity and background wasn't clean and white enough for them - don't know what it means whatsoever as i have a very solid background with reputable EU airlines.
I am surprised, but I am sure that you can't blame them that their criteria are ethnicity or background. In airbaltic there are pilots from Russia, Middle East, Africa even Philippines!
EU passport is not even mandatory to join, maybe you missed something during training.