PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing light aircraft in the NT
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2023, 05:12
Clare Prop

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by The Big 210 Driver
Unfortunately, it's a race to the bottom with fresh CPL holders these days. The same people offering to work for free are the same people that just sit there and put up with under-award payments...

I wasn't aware these cadets got typed after leaving the academy. especially a B737, unless they self-funded?

I've had multiple resumes come across my desk from these cadets and it's no wonder they're offering to work for free... The only aeroplanes they've flown are DA40s & DA42s all G1000. I've heard that the academy was trying to get a C210 online to offer some 'GA Training' so the cadets were more employable in GA after graduating. Imagine going through the whole process expecting to come out and join Qantas link and at the end, they give you some C210 time and tell you good luck with it....
These are not cadets. They are self funded, in this one's case via VET funding on top of an existing HECS loan. He said that the vast majority of his course were set adrift at the end of the course and he clearly had no idea how to find a job. I felt sorry for the guy.