PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two helicopters collide - Gold Coast, Queensland - Sea World 2/1/2023
Old 8th Jan 2023, 14:07
helispotter

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
This post is mainly intended for Ivor_Bigunn (#309) and DroneDog (#310). Good work on your continued effort to enhance what is seen in the video. Using a still from clip prepared by Ivor_Bigunn, I have marked up an attempt to reconcile what we see against an approximate outline of the orientation that -XKQ may have had relative to -XH9. What seems especially hard to reconcile is the distinct white mark(s) on what should be the helicopter fuselage. As far as I can tell, -XKQ was mostly dark grey just as -XH9 is but would also have had light coloured 'Sea World' logos on the engine cowling. Any better interpretation?

Update:

The 'unexplained white' might be reflection of the starboard side pop-out float cover off the gloss fuselage paint (see my post #321). The light coloured float covers might also explain why the starboard side skid isn't more obvious and shows up as a blurred light grey immediately above the walkway to the helipad.

In any case Channel 9 has now also made that on-board footage available without the watermarks all over it, and -XKQ can be seen much more clearly, including rotor turning:

Also in this clip, it confirms there is a white structure now located immediately behind the departure helipad, see screen shots below:

Update 2: For a quite different but more credible interpretation of view of -XKQ from -XH9, see subsequent post #373 by Traffic_Is_Er_Was. But I have otherwise left my post here as it originally was.

Last edited by helispotter; 12th Jan 2023 at 12:12. Reason: 2nd update with link to later more credible interpretation.
The following users liked this post: