PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Close Passes to New York High Rise
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2023, 15:29
Bksmithca

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ewan Whosearmy
Why so defensive? My curiosity about this video stems from knowing that when helicopters hit buildings/structures in cities they fall to the streets below and kill/injure people. For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall_helicopter_crash I am therefore curious to get the opinions of seasoned helicopter pilots other than the person in question as to what sort of risk assessment is done to determine whether such operations can be undertaken, what sort of waivers are required to do them, and what precautions are taken (i.e. clearing the streets below) to mitigate risk to bystanders below.
Not being defensive but you're being evasive. Your original post made no such requests and I quote "For any rotorheads who have a LinkedIn account (sorry, I can't post the video here - it won't let me), any thoughts on the sanity or advisability of this? Second pass in particular looks exceptionally close!" How is your bolded question even close to asking about risk assessment, flight waivers or precautions that might be needed.