PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what's happening at Azzurra?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2004, 16:28
Skunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NetSet

I fully agree with you and Avroliner (as long as it results you are Maltese, you should know what is happening over there).
Remaining an Cabin Crew strategy, all CC flying from Manchester (Bristol is only summer base) are now attending a converse course in Italy, in the case the two EI-DBD, EI-DBC will became Italian

I just pass the test on A-320 (absolutely NOT Jar Ops except some particulars almost regarding cockpit crew).
No exact procedures have been explaind to us, only Airbus general, and we don't know which aircraft and from where will (if) arrive.
The course was 3 days long...I'm always on pc and I find it "quite easy" but is not the same for all Cabine Crew. Then we got test (yesterday morn) based on company SOP, but easier that a lot of things will change!
Tha 4 A320-200 ordered by Air Malta, when our Chairman was still Maltes won't arrive. They are stopped by the same leasing company who took back our Irish B737-700 (nowadays we operate with two German 737-700).
So we don't really know where this A320 will come from, surely second handed, with charateristic totally or partially different from ours.

Great part of Cabin Crew operating in Manchester are from U.K. and their contract is very low....according , anyway to the cost of life in U.K.
If they will start operating in Italy, their salary will be adequated to the cost of life in Italy, so they will gain less then us 8note that we operate as a low cost...737 carries 3 Cabin Crew, the service is not good as Air Malta's but we got duty free (all manual, if you mistake your payment will be lowered) and we got hot meals and so on...only difference all economy class....
Nowadays some pursers from Azzurra went to Toulose and they are abilitated to fly U.K./Maltese a320....everything has been hidden......
When U.K. crews will come to ZS I can't even imagine the mess will be created! If KM quit, the only solution will be closing and reopening with people they want and with salary they want, despite of any seniority list.....otherwise, if no money appears...they will close everything!

I think the only "hope" is that Malta will need a base in Italy in order to enter Europe. And , again , I hope Malta has a kind of strategy.

To know more about pilots, refer to Avroliner!!!!

brgrds

Skunkie

Last edited by Skunkie; 12th Jan 2004 at 02:48.