PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delayed Luggage
Thread: Delayed Luggage
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2023, 20:37
SpringHeeledJack

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
I suspect that your experience is the 'new normal'. Whether carriers are still rebuilding after Covid staff reductions, or have decided to stay at those level staff levels, we may never know. Personally? Even if you push, you would probably not get much more.
Thank you for the response. You are, most likely correct. The 'new normal', what a shame it has got to this though. I'll contact the bot/Indian service centre and ok the 'compensation'.

Back in the 80's I was flying from Honolulu to London using World Airways, remember them, DC-10's with a red cheat line swoosh and a globe on the tail ? Anyway it was a 'stopper', which included OAK, MCI and BWI before hopping over to LGW. My bags got put on the wrong trolley at BWI and ended up on the earlier FRA flight. Once realised on landing, it was sent 'RUSH' on an Air India flight to LHR, but instead ended up on the Air India BOM flight, whence it made it's way back to FRA and then LHR. I ended up on my delayed flight at LHR as well, a fog diversion, sat on the tarmac for 2hrs next to the old Terminal 2 multi-storey before the 10min flight to LGW. My bags arrived the next day by taxi. I don't imagine these screwups would happen these days due to the scanning done in the baggage processing.