PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Recruitment
Thread: RAF Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2023, 08:39
Toadstool

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Arvin Sharifi
Hi Callum,

I find myself in a similar position to you, although I’m a couple years older it seems. Due to finish my Degree off in 5 months from the University of Portsmouth. As a young child I was besotted by aircraft of all types, but much more often than not, Military. I dismissed my dream as unrealistic before deciding to set off to Uni but over the last year I have conceded to the fact that I just can’t shake it. I’d be lying if I said I don’t think about just how great the odds are almost every day. Despite such odds and the doubts that creep in, pursuing this dream has been much the only thing spurring me forward - at a pretty critical time in my life no less - and seeing all the replies above the majority from men who have already walked the path is incredibly motivating and I want to say to anyone of them who read this just how much respect I have for them.

As soon as the train strikes subside and allow me to get back to Portsmouth I’m getting a haircut, putting a smart shirt on and walking into the Armed Forces Careers Office to see what happens. God I want to be a pilot and god I only want to be a pilot in the forces.

Good luck to you Callum, in whatever you do, the guys above are right, we’ve got to commit to our dreams before they escape us.
Good luck AS

I hope you get your dream. I’ve been aircrew for over 20 years and I’ve loved every minute.