PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Das Air Cargo
Thread: Das Air Cargo
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2004, 10:58
4HolerPoler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The following was received from a member who indicates that he is associated with the management of DAS Air Cargo but does not wish to post directly. I cannot vouch for it's authenticity but it does appear genuine and intended to set the record straight:

"I do not intend to spend the rest of my life, or even the rest of the week, responding to ill-informed and scurrilous allegations and defending every real or imagined slight, however this does appear to be an opportunity to try and lay to rest one such allegation that seems to linger in the minds of a few people. As far as I am aware the company has never been convicted of any smuggling charges; I believe there was a situation many years ago when something was found in barrels of palm oil but the company was found to be an innocent party and since that time the company has refused all walk-in
business and all freight is routed through accredited agents. The company operates a zero-tolerance approach to any form of smuggling; anyone caught smuggling is summarily dismissed, regardless of their position in the company. The company maintains very good relations with HM Customs at Gatwick and all similar authorities. And before you go off on another tack,
neither is it involved in any form of gun-running.

As for Loc-out's hubristic assumption that the company has brought pressure to bear on the moderators to limit his posts, this is laughable, the company would not even know about his rantings unless they appeared on the site and someone happened to see it. I imagine that his posts were disallowed
because they were inaccurate, libellous rubbish.

Regarding employment, the original purpose of this thread; yes, quite unashamedly, as an African airline the company tries to employ African nationals, although there is a smattering of other nationalities. If BA operated on similar principles there would not have been Americans flying their freight services for a number of years and if you want to see protectionism in force you could try getting a job in the States or France (with the exception of Airbus for trainers). The company does not insist on DC10 experience, although it is obviously advantageous it is not the over-riding criterion and the company will be running another two full
conversion courses in the near future, having run a number in the past. Current requirements are met. The salary is OK by the standards that currently exist in Africa and, significantly, it has paid on time every month for over twenty years. Employees currently include those from a number of now defunct carriers both national and private, for instance Nigeria Airways, Zambia Airways, Uganda Airlines, Alliance Air, etc. The company has no shortage of applications.

EGLL001, I can pass on any messages for Justin Lusambo if you wish.

jarr66, who rattled your cage? It is good to see that you have commenced your posting activities with such a mature and balanced offering."
4HP