PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2023, 22:49
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Savoia
Middle East LongRangers

Thanks ST!

On the off chance that you may know something about it .. G-BFAL .. a Ferranti supplied 206L delivered to the Fayed stable (in those days Fayed's aircraft were registered under the name 'Genavco') was the first LongRanger in the UK (July 1979) however, before becoming BFAL she was briefly registered as A6-BCL. Do you happen to know whether this craft was actually delivered to the UAE prior to arriving in the UK?

More Bölkow ..

G-BATC (which appeared on page 31) graces the cover of Air Pictorial's July 1980 edition advertising their exposé on Trinity House ops. The publication is touted for the princely sum of 55p or (as stamped on the cover) $1.95

G-AZOM, which appeared on page 30, is seen here refuelling at Turnhouse in 1982

A Canadian Fisheries Department Bo105 sits on the helideck of the MV George Pearkes. Further details unknown.
Laughingly at Helitech 2011, (sadly last time it was held in my neighbourhood at IWM) i saw that SAS had gotten contract with the MD900/2 Explorer (my photos below).

Four years later at Helitech, saw that PDG had the contract this time around with EC135

cheers
The following users liked this post: