PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worker ingested into engine
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2023, 16:09
NutLoose

Received 2,830 Likes on 1,208 Posts
Originally Posted by Krystal n chips
With the best will in the world, this would involve a radical and impractical redesign of the air supply systems, and Ground Pwr panels are already a long way forward of the engines.

As others have said, no need for LED's showing an engine is running....because there's a much cheaper solution.

You know, as well as I do, the RAF went to great lengths to stress the dangers of jets, props and rotors, but even then incidents sadly occurred, however, the key point is, the dangers were constantly emphasised and displayed.....it's called training and education which, along with supervision, is a remarkably effective way of ensuring safety for all and everybody involved in ramp operations.

Live aircraft are a paradox....they are inherently safe....and also inherently lethal....if you become complacent or don't receive the appropriate level of training along with continuous awareness of the dangers.

I do accept however that, no matter how much emphasis is placed on safety, humans are remarkably adept at finding ways to kill or maim themselves.

I also accept, having seen it many times over the years, the same emphasis isn't going to feature with ramp service providers.
That is why I said too late now, the design is done and dusted and in production, one was thinking ahead for future aircraft.

Yes we did go to extremes in the RAF to prevent it, however it still did not prevent them all .