PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Takeoff performance with a change of air temperature
Old 4th Jan 2023, 09:25
BraceBrace

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
Oh, well. .... even better: A familiar environment!

Adding to say that I can see the truth in the last vilas' post but the explanation would be based on a very different set of arguments in my class.
Truth...?

Lesson nr 1 I was taught starting left seat upgrade: the only truth there is in aviation is the truth of numbers, and the ability to explain those numbers black on white if something happens and questions are posed. Fixed numbers are ie limitations. Offices don't care, you do what you want if all goes well. But if you venture into the world of limitations and decide to "neglect", you give somebody a hammer to slam if something ended up not so well. If you want to "taste" it, have some SAFA inspections. They will kindly tell you the importance of 1kg if it’s written on a paper somewhere.

The question was about temperature, that's pretty visible because assumed is a temperature. Other influences... as long as I'm sure I'm not busting a limitation, fine. But when it’s not clear I prefer to set my ego aside and do a quick recalculation. No harm done. Calculate, store, get on with life.

Ps: we have no rules on the subject. Stay out of the office is the main goal (and those people do like clean safa reports to...)

Last edited by BraceBrace; 4th Jan 2023 at 12:30.