PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boarding by seat row
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2023, 02:02
jensdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sealo0
Bring back Palmair I say at BOH
Peter Bath (boss/owner) would come to the airport for each flight and over the PA would announce central seats only first (can’t remember the numbers) and anyone trying to jump the queue would be sent back with a good ticking off, over the PA as well. then rear seat number by the rear steps and the front rows via the front steps.

I remember one year there were very bad traffic jams around the airport so he came in by helicopter just to see off the next flight.

Mike
This whole thing is a massive bugbear of mine. I so wish that some gate staff these days would have the balls to do what Peter Bath did. In fact I would argue that it isn't even balls, it's just discipline in doing the job you've been assigned to do. Only let people through when they've been called; once you've had a couple of people trying it on, just make an announcement that either you come up when called, or we're stopping boarding and you aren't going anywhere. The sensible majority (I do believe that such a thing exists) would police it.
An even bigger bugbear is the fact that several times now, I've been in boarding group 8 or some such, and with me being a well-mannered kind of chap I've sat with the intention of waiting until called... Several minutes later I'm sitting on my own and realise that the gate staff have simply given up calling boarding groups.