PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Takeoff performance with a change of air temperature
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 10:00
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist
Hey FD, trust me, some of things we do is just to prove that re-inventing the wheel, and making it worse, is possible..
Oh, well. .... even better: A familiar environment!

Adding to say that I can see the truth in the last vilas' post but the explanation would be based on a very different set of arguments in my class.

Meikleour On the level this discussion rose up to, we don't say the EFB SW has inherent buffers. There are some inherent buffers in the algorithm and mathematics behind it, and the SW does not introduce any more margin to it, if anything the contrary is true. Don't wish to rehash what's been said, just pointing out that beyond a specific moment the terminology requires accuracy too.

Whether or not the pilots strive to achieve numerical precision, when and why is that a void effort is perhaps best debated with clear distinction. I suppose people who know how to apply the results safely in daily ops and can zoom out their attention might find the mathematics irrelevant to discuss at all, however, please understand the noise thereafter makes listening to the fine tunes very difficult for the likes of A.W. As well for the original OP, who got laughed at first yet no explanation was provided until 2 years later. Well, except for being told effectively his attention to that particular detail was superfluous.