PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airline wages compilation
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 09:53
get_involved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by umop apisdn
It literally comes from a thread asking people what they make. The intent as I see it is designed to be comparative against other airlines, and to include what kind of quality of life goes along with x amount of money.
Right. Coming to these boards and comparing salaries, hourly rates, QOL provisions, and benefits between pilots of different airlines help us as a whole to work toward better treatment and pay in the workplace.

But the "loudest voices in the room," a percentage of pilots who take the time to log in and type in their stats/share data on these boards, I don't think it provides a true representative sample of what a person can reasonably expect at xyz company. I don't suspect there is too much falsifying of numbers, but I do take the numbers posted on the airline pilot forums 2022 annual salary thread (where the original 2021 salary spreadsheet of data referenced above was taken from) with a grain of salt. It's hard to look at some posts and not suspect it's a "Look how little I worked for how much pay!" brag.

As an American, this is the only source I've found on the web where Oz/NZ pilot pay rates/salaries are posted for public viewing. I find it fascinating and enjoy coming back occasionally to see how my colleagues across the pacific are doing. Looking forward to the EOY numbers for 2022, if that happens. Cheers.

Last edited by get_involved; 3rd Jan 2023 at 15:10.
The following users liked this post: