PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 06:46
Frado

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gliding club.

Many things have changed since the good old days.

After six weeks introducing the B200, P2-PNG, in the late seventies or early eighties (I would have to check my log books for that), I knocked back the Superintendents position at the GFU, to return to Australia as I was only on secondment. Would have been interesting had I stayed, but no regrets.
Jed

Originally Posted by Kagamuga
P2-PNG was the Gulfstream GII when I was at the GFU. The B200 was changed from P2-PNG to P2-PNH

The GII was flown by Capt. Amar Singh Gill, and I think the other was a Paul Kempton, and one other who name escapes me but I think it might have been Dave Foster.. I recall this was Paul's first Jet type training done in the aircraft at POM, and I seem to recall a fair dinkum rejected take-off due to ASI or pitot problems. I hope I have the names correct.

Of course it does not end there:-

We had the Moresby Gliding Club and the little known sequel for the Gulfstream:- spraying Skydrol accross the Queensland plains, and burning rubber when the crew pulled to "T" handle on landing.. .... new tyres and rims please!

Wes Guy was in command at PNG CASA at the time and Ron Green was another lunatic, and was truly out of his depth...