PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two helicopters collide - Gold Coast, Queensland - Sea World 2/1/2023
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 03:07
[email protected]

Received 630 Likes on 272 Posts
I make no apologies for pointing out the obvious here, two helicopters operating from the same company and location managed to fly into each other - the video evidence clearly shows this and this should not happen.

There will be many causal factors no doubt, including - as has been mentioned, fatigue, complacency, distraction, commercial pressure, procedures etc etc but they do not excuse the loss of lives of fare-paying pax who should expect and deserve the highest levels of safety and airmanship from those taking their money.

If comments like mine cause other pilots to look long and hard at what they are doing, or being asked to do, and just take that little bit extra care - or maybe even say no to an unsafe operation - then any critical comments I get are worth it.

I am too long in the tooth and have seen way too many such accidents - as many here have - to be precious about this sort of thing.
The following 6 users liked this post by [email protected]: