PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus175M Video
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2023, 14:27
Baldeep Inminj

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by pba_target
Regarding EESDL and Blackhawk9's points, I think exactly the same could be said of another product being proposed for the competition....

We all know what the right answer for the aviators and troops is. Sadly we also know the right answer for the politicians.

Neither of those answers is likely to involve airbus as the one they've got a shot at doesn't stack up against the competition. Saving existing jobs is likely to take precedence over creating new jobs in the same industry in a different location.
I suspect you are probably correct. I believe the 149 will be a disaster on every level - late, over budget and with dreadful reliability, but it will probably win due to political expediency. During the ‘demo’ at Farnborough, people were absolutely incredulous as they watched ‘troops’ disembark and then open the rear baggage bay doors to get their burgeons out - this aircraft is a complete joke as a combat troop carrier.
H175 would be a safer bet, but only the Blackhawk actually does the job the NMH must fulfill. However, it won’t win if it is not built in the UK.

Last edited by Baldeep Inminj; 2nd Jan 2023 at 14:47.