PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class one Medical issue- ARVC Heart/Pre flight school
Old 2nd Jan 2023, 10:43
Boyhooddreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class one Medical issue- ARVC Heart/Pre flight school

Hello all,

After some of the advice some another thread members gave me, one of the main issues that may arise is my class one medical.

I would like to get my class one medical before I start any form of flight school and I am looking to start around September time if all goes to plan.

When I was 14, it was discovered that I had inherited a heart condition from my father known as ARVC. (Link below)

I am know 27 and this heart condition has never had an effect on my life and has never stopped me from doing anything. This is a genetic thing where as a child it could be more problematic .

I had my own cardiologist when I was younger, but due to his case load I was discharged and I get check ups every 4 years to ensure I am still "healthy". The results have never been an issue.

For some reference, I have represented my country at its highest level of field sports and have had many tests where I have exceeded their expectations (for the better). All this testing was done through out playing the sports also, so I took that it wasn't of a concern any more. May be some naivety on my behalf.

Living abroad and having to get a visa based on my health, I know everything else is fine and that I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

So finally, the question I would like to ask....

Would this be a show stopper in my class one medical. I obviously have to be truthful to the doctor but you guys/gals will have a better understanding on this than myself.

Thank you

Last edited by Boyhooddreamer; 2nd Jan 2023 at 11:11.