PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2023, 23:15
Frado

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The flamenco guitar player at Daru.

[QUOTE=Kateosul;10986849]Brian was my father who died as a result of an accident in PNG as you no doubt heard. I have very little information or insight into his life in PNG but can see you knew him well. I would love to hear any memories you have or any reflections or details about him and if by any chance you ask have that tape or him playing, I would love to hear it. I was 7 when he died.

Originally Posted by Kateosul
Brian was my father who died as a result of an accident in PNG as you no doubt heard. I have very little information or insight into his life in PNG but can see you knew him well. I would love to hear any memories you have or any reflections or details about him and if by any chance you ask have that tape or him playing, I would love to hear it. I was 7 when he died so have very few memories of him.

I am not so sure it was Brian who was the Flamenco guitar player at Daru. During one of my stays at Daru with Macair we had a seafood barbecue and “Greenie” was there ( fisheries) and the captain of the Government fishing survey vessel. A long haired fellow, a patrol officer played flamenco and he was extraordinarily good. I has a good chat with him. He had studied u der Segovia in Spain and was taking a break from the years of training. I was surprised that he was not touring the world’s great stages but understood when he explained the stresses if it.
Jed