PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airline wages compilation
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2023, 19:54
get_involved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DropYourSocks
For those playing along at home, any of the above numbers you see from someone with 4-5 years seniority in their company, those numbers are likely pretty standard for most at that level to achieve. The ridiculously big numbers you see are outliers, and require serious effort (and seniority) to game their system to make it work. Not impossible, but improbable for most to achieve.

Big Buddah, nice work on collating that data. I'm looking forward to seeing how 2022 panned out.
The data Big Buddah posted above was collected through voluntary unchecked submissions on airlinepilotcentral. It's all "on your honor" and people here in the US just feel the need to brag to strangers on the web. Sad. Generally speaking, take the hourly rate and multiply by 1000. That'll give you a ballpark number on what pilots make at their respective airline, fleet and seat. And then there are those who hustle hard, work the system and exploit loopholes in the working contract and can earn 1500-2000x their hourly rate in a year. I hustled in 2022 and earned about 1560x my hourly rate.

Assuming the Legacy carriers are able to sign new contracts with their pilots the 2022 numbers will probably look tame compared to the 2023 numbers coming out in a year. Retro/signing bonuses getting paid out, new higher hourly rates and profit sharing payouts. Could be a wild next 12-24 months for the pilots here in the US.