PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alcohol and Flying: The New Law
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2004, 06:03
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I am sorry Black Sword, but yes people are convicted scientificly of having a BAC above the prescribed limit as shown by them providing a Urine sample. Been there seen it happen and that includes the defence evidnce of amount of alcohol in a urine sample.

So no, does not turn my world upside down, far from it.

I have read the document on your link, and your point is? I can't find any reference to Urine tests in it.

Yes granted it gives the figures for breakdown of alcohol in the body, but thats not the same as the relationship between BAC concentration and levels of alcohol in urine. It also righly points out that there are many factors which can verry the time to breakdown alcohol.

Rest assured that there is a relationship between alcohol in a urine sample and BAC and people are convicted.

By the way as I mentioned beofre you really should not give the advice you have, its misleading. Your own documentry 'evidence' does say that there is no reliable way of dtermining exactly how fast alcohol is brokendown. Whats avarage? do you know normal strength beer? Do you drink 'pub' mesures at home, which is what a standard unit of alcohol is based on? or do you just fillt he glass?

Flying Lawyer

You have a much better way of putting things than me!