PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing light aircraft in the NT
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2022, 11:55
Global Aviator

Received 129 Likes on 63 Posts
John,

Nope, not having a go at you or Prune.

I am genuinely perplexed as to how the rego and company name is not out there. Ok it’s pretty obvious from the posts above it’s Katherine Aviation if that’s what KA stands for as I’m sure it’s not the IATA KA coded airline.

I have no skin in the game apart from like many here cut my teeth in the Territory. Back then it was certainly well publicised and printed when an accident happened, yes even before the hallowed halls of the interweb became so popular.

If you see the feeling of many posters it’s not having a go at the pilot, it’s having a go how how and why was a relatively new pilot to the Top End (again speculation) trained to deal with a long flight in monsoonal weather in a VFR aircraft? Many have admitted to being lucky, to having got away with things, the way we did ****e in the past has however evolved.

Back in the day being handed keys to the plane and off you go, she’ll be right and oh look out for xyz was kinda the way. There was no safety manager, no accountable manager, no manager accountable to the accountable manager to be accountable to the accountable manager. In todays operations with the added levels of management I would have thought that systems etc would be in place in every company.

Gone are the cowboy days, gee they were fun though! I think most will get the point I’m making.

RIP young fellla, let’s hope this wakes up the systematic failure. I however doubt it!