PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Penzance Heliport under new management
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2022, 17:26
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 425 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by griffothefog
When I was Shanghai’d into PBN qualification or else by the authorities, with the threat of losing my IR privilege after 30 odd years, I at least expected the arseholes who dictated the rules to be doing their bit and seamlessly approve most forwarded GPS/PIN/HELI approach plates.
Compared to the USA we are a throw back to the 60’s…….. Shameful for a safe offshore to onshore approach like PZE.

I agree. I, like many others, was required to partake in the PBN training course despite flying an aircraft not legally capable of flying a PBN approach even if a PBN approach existed (and at the sites I operated from, it didn’t), or lose ALL IR privileges, despite having held a U.K. IR for twenty years and non CAA IRs for forty years. To date, two years on, I have never flown one of these approaches and I probably never will. The only people benefiting from my hard earned cash were the people running the very much overpriced PBN course.

Having said that. We were flying DECCA TANS approaches to off airfield sites in RAF helicopters in 1979….
The following users liked this post: