PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2022, 11:44
BA318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MARK 101
Problem is if everyone wants the same annual leave its not manageable. Whilst i do agree that people should be free to travel whenever, where do you draw the line ? do we start expecting rail services to be available and local buses to get people to the airports as i imagine that will be next.
As an other point freedom to travel should be a right but does that include freedom to eat and shop at the airport. would people accept flights operating with nothing open at the airport itself
When people want the same annual leave it should be handled by existing Hr protocols. Most organisations have policies in place for how to handle requests. I know in my organisation it’s done by first come first serve while my previous work place was done on a rota basis.

There is an argument for local trains and buses to run. Many people still have to get around and not everyone has a car but at least there are alternatives. I can take a cab on Christmas Day but I can’t Uber to Sweden.

People already accept flights without airport services. There are flights departing late after shops etc have shut. Especially from smaller airports.