PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Borderforce strike non event?
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2022, 06:58
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Asturias56
Its interesting to compare Singapore with the USA or (increasingly) the UK - - you're actually made to feel welcome in the Lion City and lets face it - they have a much tougher actual legal regime

Trouble is all the "Border Force" with uniforms etc just gives some people an excuse to make people's life difficult
I’ve flown into about 25 different airports this year as SLF. America continues to baffle me in terms of how they treat everyone as a terrorist. I flew through MIA in the summer - 10 people ahead of me in the queue as I was one of the first people to get off the plane. Still a 15 minute wait.

As a consequence of Brexit, Schengen border staff are asking far more questions and again, treating people like vermin.

Passengers don’t deserve to be treated with such disdain. Border staff worldwide need to realise they are the entry point to a country - give people a good first impression. Stop this “harsh environment” bollocks.

The best border staff I’ve cross across in the world are in Ireland, hands down. Very pleasant and will even ask how your day was and wave you through.