PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 accident Fort Worth 15/12/22 - pilot ejected ok
Old 25th Dec 2022, 21:17
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

To answer the question about pitch attitude, I'll describe short as I can what I saw here when the Bee did a go around from an approach with all the doors open and what looked like normal pitch maneuvering. Was #3 behind an A and a C. So my guess is the flight was a demo for some brass.

The A and C landed and the Bee went up to downwind just like a normal plane with all doors open. It turned base and flew to the runway just like basic planes do, and at 100 feet or so leveled, slowed and went into a hover. Plane maintained perfectly level and the pilot rotated the heading 90 deg one way then back. Once more go around after it gained speed and this time came in a bit slower than I suspect a normal landing would be and with minimal flare plopped onto the runway, then turned off after about 300 feet or so.

So the part about the control laws blending in and out according to the speed seems to describe what I saw that day.

Gums sends...