PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 21st Dec 2022, 20:11
Hawkers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElCapitan45
Hi guys,
Long time listener, first time caller.

Just after a tiny bit of advice which, as present, seems to be very hard to find.

Keeping it short and sweet - UK Citizen, UK passport, about to embark on the dreaded ATPL chapter, BIG question, UK or EASA exams?

Main aim is to move outside of the UK, but are there any jobs for people in my position? I'm aware of the EU position on the British, not working I'm Europe, and from what I gather, that has only bottled necked the UK market - too many pilots, not enough jobs. Doesn't anyone know of other regions willingness to take on low hour cadets? Wouldn't be bothered where the first job would be located, but at an age of mid-thirty, iv not exactly got "time" to play with.

Ryanair offer some type of hope for me, but with the whole EU baloney, just leaves simpletons like me, very confused on which path to take.

Im a couple months off the ATPL Mod1. Any advice would be well received.... apart from the "do both Easa and UK exams". Cheers
I vote for EASA exams straight , and check this option : ATPL Theory 100% online ... https://www.easy-pilot.com/atpl-theory
If we talk for Ryan , don't be surprised if they ask you for type rating (ticket for job) about 45.000Eur . Some of them are little cheaper 30-35 . We should get paid to fly airplane , not we to pay the company for flying . Europe need pilots either you are low hour cadet or no ,if you search you will find, in meantime why not to do and instructor course ? One + opportunity for you getting a job. Not bad idea, think about that.