PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2022, 08:25
UnderASouthernSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _aax1
I see they’ve released a press release regarding how passenger numbers are near pre-pandemic levels but this is driven solely by Ryanair. Is their long term plan is to have no investment and just hope of continued FR expansion? This lack of diversification is surely a risk? I cannot see any airline wanting to come here, even if it makes sense financially, the place is an awful run-down passenger experience and with most European low-cost airlines established at LGW/LTN. Who are STN targeting? Full service? Long haul? I just can’t see how this compatible with the current state of the place.
Pretty sure there is/was a plan to build a second "terminal" structure to separate departures and arrivals to help accommodate forecast (& permitted) growth. As for a strategy, I got the impression that along with FR & LS it was the strategy to pick up some lo-co and full service airlines that were struggling to pick up LGW & LHR slots or wanted to spread their offering north of the Thames. I don't think STN wanted to put all their eggs in the FR (or lo-co) basket, no matter if those areas are often the quickest to rebound after an enforced dip.