PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre Flight Inspection Discoveries
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2022, 23:04
SASless

Received 511 Likes on 213 Posts
Flying a Downed Aircraft Recovery of a Huey from a small jungle clearing by Chinook....enroute to our destination at 3000 feet AGL....when over the Intercom is heard....."Hey Mr. Sasless....is this guy supposed to be riding in the Pilots seat of this Huey?".

Long hot tiring day and no desire for being the target of a flight crew prank......replied "Yes....absolutely!

Glance in the Rear View Mirror....seen all three crew members intently looking down through the Cargo Hook Hatch and talking off intercom.

Curtly ordered the gunners back to their stations and inquired of the FE exactly what he was up to.

He insisted they were looking at some guy down in the Huey cockpit....and I reaffirmed Amateur Comedy Hour was not for a few hours later.

Finally at the insistence of the FE....I unstrapped...walked back thinking if it was a prank then it was going to be the FE riding the Huey...and peered down below and there was a fellow happily waving up at me and having the ride of his life.

Seems Private Snuffy was told to climb into the Huey and hold the flight controls by his Platoon Sergeant.....who reverted to Private shortly after I reported the incident.

The following users liked this post: