PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates A380 DEC
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2022, 22:09
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhatShortage
My friend, that 7000hours requirement was LOOOOOONG ago and when I say long i mean 2015 or 16 AT BEST. From that onwards, experience went down the pile as:
1. No one wanted to go there for obvious reasons ( prefer living their life rather than money )
2. There were enough pilots everywhere so they could ask for a type rating on the space shuttle if they wanted to

Dont put yourself on a pedestal, you're not a saint or anything.
obviously you have miss red the entire post
fact is that the requirements have significantly dropped. That a lot experienced guys have been sent out the door, from both seats. And fact is also that they are going to be replaced by guys who have not anywhere near the experience from those who have let go.
no I am not a saint, I have also not said that they can’t learn. The only thing I said is that the will have to learn to catch up what went out the door. And exactly this will take time, as we had to learn more or less depending on what kind of previous experience we had before.
properly you are one of those guys who count experience in hours, I don’t as 15 hours flying straight give you nothing except sitting there and watching the computer. I count experience in the amount of take off and landing Someone has done, and a guy who did 5000+ hours on a narrow body has definitively more experience than a guy with 1500 and now doing 10 flights a month with an average of 12 hours sector
time. again the 1500hr guy will get there, with time. And 2 flights are done as relief crew, not even doing a take off and landing.

That’s is what I said not more not less.
this is what I meant by building a complete new fleet from ground up, just not to realize a big mistake had been done by letting go all the experience they had already.