PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2022, 17:41
_aax1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick Man of ‘London’ Airports

Am I the only one who struggles to understand MAG’s business model for Stansted?

I had the unfortunate experiance of flying out of here a couple of weeks ago for the first since Covid and I was shocked at the state of the place and how down hill it’s become, coupled with staffing, it’s clear the place is mismanaged and an embarrassing entry point to the UK (if there are MAG terminal leadership reading this, can you replace screaming staff with appropriate, clear easy to read signage at the UK border entrances).

I see they’ve released a press release regarding how passenger numbers are near pre-pandemic levels but this is driven solely by Ryanair. Is their long term plan is to have no investment and just hope of continued FR expansion? This lack of diversification is surely a risk?

I cannot see any airline wanting to come here, even if it makes sense financially, the place is an awful run-down passenger experience and with most European low-cost airlines established at LGW/LTN. Who are STN targeting? Full service? Long haul? I just can’t see how this compatible with the current state of the place.