PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIR FORCE CROSS - Citations or Reasons for the Award
Old 20th Dec 2022, 16:35
Jetset 88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To all who have contributed to this thread, many thanks for your wise counsel about finding why Pete Nelson got his AFC in 1962. I have passed your comments on to his daughter who is going to search all the family papers to see if there was a bit of paper anywhere that said why he was getting it.
As a matter of interest may I ask OyYou what newspaper or mag the cutting came from that you kindly posted on Pprune? It was obviously a local one for the Cottesmore area, as it quotes the daughter going to Bourne School and I can't imagine that detail being published in a National paper. Pleaase PM me with an answer as I'll close this thread now.
I think we must assume that the medal was awarded for good 'services rendered' over a longish period of time when the Victor V-Force was in it's infancy and the pressures of the Cold-War deterrent job back then.
Thanks again to all who threw in their comments.

Last edited by Jetset 88; 20th Dec 2022 at 16:43. Reason: Additional words added