PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates A380 DEC
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2022, 15:22
WhatShortage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyTheBigFatLady
because EK managers are too arrogant to apologize and take those redundants back without having stupid regulations.
you can’t find 380 commanders out there, because most companies are bringing them back, so no need for a change. EK had all those 380 commanders but not taking them back. EK reputation is not good enough anymore to attract some 330/340 pilots with descent jobs where the live at home.
Only those from doggy contractor jobs are applying.
Most pilots on 350 work in solid companies so why should they go to the desert?

the real good ones have been let go, others never had the luck of getting proper high quality training and education are now lining up to get out of crab LCC jobs, with minimum and no experience. FO with long EK experience have also let got and not returning, mostly because they didn’t get an invitation, rather being replaced by new ones.
This is like building up the fleet of airbus completely new, with new pilots. Overall experience has for sure drop significantly on that fleet.
What do expect?
long time ago 7000 total and between 2500 and 4000 jet had been required for FO.
Today 1500 is enough to land that gig.

There is a large difference in experience- not they can’t learn it but it needs time. 15hr flying straight isn’t exactly learning something and building experience.
My friend, that 7000hours requirement was LOOOOOONG ago and when I say long i mean 2015 or 16 AT BEST. From that onwards, experience went down the pile as:
1. No one wanted to go there for obvious reasons ( prefer living their life rather than money )
2. There were enough pilots everywhere so they could ask for a type rating on the space shuttle if they wanted to

Dont put yourself on a pedestal, you're not a saint or anything.