PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 20th Dec 2022, 14:24
GlobalNav

Received 151 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by tdracer
According to what I've read, the proposal is that a third AOA source (probably synthetic rather than another physical sensor) be a mandatory retrofit to the entire MAX fleet. As it currently stands, EASA would require the 3rd AOA source, but other authorities haven't mandated it.
DR - I think the MAX 7 is appealing to current MAX operators that want something a little smaller, but don't want to add another type (e.g. the A220) to their fleet. I keep hearing that Southwest really wants them for their lighter routes. Southwest currently has a huge fleet of 737-700s.
f that market is large enough to justify the expense of development/cert is a different question. Certainly it wouldn't justify a multi-Billion dollar effort to update the flight deck (especially since it would adversely affect the common type rating).
Congress did it, part of the continuing resolution bill, how ironic. Next accident, families can address their grievances to Sen Cantwell.