PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair-3
Thread: Wizzair-3
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2022, 09:09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pain in the R's
Wizz comes across as a worst case dodgy second hand car salesman operating from a back street shed. Both get served county court judgments and both ignore them, as they try to avoid the law.

I watched a BBC episode of The Sheriffs Are Coming, who have more powers than Bailiffs. They turned up at Southend Airport, demanded access airside, pointing out that it couldn’t be refused, and then seized an aircraft.
I think this is the heart of the issue - if I was going back to my previous life I would have a go at this, not in the hope that it would be legally enforceable (indeed, in the hope it wouldn't be. You want cars, not the hassle of trying to work out what the devil to do with jet engines...) or get anywhere, but in the hope that I would be given the [relatively small amount of] money to go away in order avoid the disruption that this would cause. The engine has a prior claim? Are you sure? Head office will need to see it. Thank you. Oh, so you do still own that, and the prior claim is only for £xxx,xxx? I'm just going to need to get a valuation to check this isn't worth more than £xxx,xxx. Don't worry - I've said it's urgent and they'll come out in 24-48 hours, probably quicker. No, you can't take it anywhere just now.

However a truly sharky organisation that wised up to this would learn from experience and organise their admin so they could almost immediately provide details of why any seizure had to be abandoned.