PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Remains of WW2 crew 'stored by collector'
Old 20th Dec 2022, 07:20
GeeRam

Received 77 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by SLXOwft
Thanks Herod but I was aware, and wish them all the best but with assets of <£600k (which I assume includes the moulds and jigs imported from NZ) and a target of £8 million it may be sometime before they are successful. Would be nice to see USAE BAE and RR chuck a substantial donations their way, I am unclear if the Airbus support includes any significant financial element.

Still rather healthier that the Mosquito Pathfinder Trust, which in early 2021 was aiming at bringing DZ542 to the UK and completing the restoration to flying status. (YE 2021 Income £1,653 expenditure £2,491)
Pathfinder Trust abandoned restoring DZ542 when the late Glyn Powell's FB.26 project became available, which is in terms of parts is substantially complete and so a much better prospect of returning to the air, and I believe they acquired this in preference to continuing with DZ542, hence DZ542 now being available to others to buy.
However, those accounts seem at odds with that, unless they have blown all they had in the airframe trade and have not been able to raise any more to progress any further?

Originally Posted by SLXOwft
Back to the thread
Although one wonders who else KW disturbed over the decades. He was prominent in the aviation memorabilia world, his collection and activities were the subject of an Independent article in November 1995, among other things he owned two EE Lightnings (F1A XM169 and F.3 XR749).
I didn't realise it was THAT Ken Ward....!!