PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass and balance new question
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2022, 21:11
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
I offer no comment on the regulators and their approach to exams. Unfortunately, exam content is something which we are not able to influence.

In regard to the last however many posts addressing the iniquities of the syllabus and examination system, the thread appears to have lost track of the OP's original questions.

Perhaps the more general examination discussion might be better addressed in separate threads while this thread finalises some answers to the OP's questions ? Who knows ? Perhaps some might learn something from the exercise ?

So far as specific training is concerned, there are two concerns/goals -

(a) the student should end up knowing a range of things which have some relevance to the job. This ought not to be just "light comes on, press button A" but extend to things a little more general in application

(b) whatever the exams are up to, the student needs to end up with adequate specific and directed knowledge to secure a pass. I suggest that this is much the same in any jurisdiction. I concur with the observation that some of this might well be subject to a post exam data dump.