PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Remains of WW2 crew 'stored by collector'
Old 19th Dec 2022, 19:50
SLXOwft

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Herod
SLXOwft. Check out The People's Mosquito. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks Herod but I was aware, and wish them all the best but with assets of <£600k (which I assume includes the moulds and jigs imported from NZ) and a target of £8 million it may be sometime before they are successful. Would be nice to see USAE BAE and RR chuck a substantial donations their way, I am unclear if the Airbus support includes any significant financial element.

Still rather healthier that the Mosquito Pathfinder Trust, which in early 2021 was aiming at bringing DZ542 to the UK and completing the restoration to flying status. (YE 2021 Income £1,653 expenditure £2,491)

Back to the thread
Although one wonders who else KW disturbed over the decades. He was prominent in the aviation memorabilia world, his collection and activities were the subject of an Independent article in November 1995, among other things he owned two EE Lightnings (F1A XM169 and F.3 XR749). I suspect it is a case of obsession blinding him to the ethical dimension.

I thought I was clear above: the crew's partial remains were recovered at the time and buried in CWGC plots close to their respective homes.