PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Euroflyer
Thread: BA Euroflyer
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2022, 18:24
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RARA9
It all depends on what you want in life , I consider myself lucky in a way as I have done LH for a number of years and have decided it’s not for me anymore and have bitten the bullet to leave a legacy to go to a low cost holiday company , which assuming I get a command one day will give me more money over the rest of my career.
It’s not as simple as saying why would you stay at Ryanair and not go to BA ?????
maybe people want more money and operate from a nice easy regional base ? Or don’t care about boasting who they work for … just my thoughts
Exactly it depends what you want!!!
I am pushing 40. I still see BA as a great option. For me it’s the flexibility. LH/SH, you get options for part time, loads of other benefits. At the Irish LCC I mean you have to pay for everything yourself. Then they add that it your pay. £65k a year for STN FO. No it’s not. It’s more like £55k on what would be a normal job spec. BA Euroflyer £65k plus the 15% pension plus they pay for your medicals etc.
Compared to LHR yes Euro is a fair chunk less nearly £20k however you’re not doing trips spending money in hotels etc.

I have seen my mates pay at mainline and man he’s not far off first year captains at RYR.
Even at 40 can I see myself doing SH only for another 25 years? No.
Mid 20s can you see yourself doing SH for 40 years? Ok maybe you go into training.

PS. To add look how badly RYR treated crew during COVID. Speak to main who went through it and it was horrible. Yes BA got rid of some. RYR didn’t but paid nothing in some cases. Let the pilots claim from governments and only just reinstated pay when managers got it 18 months ago. That’s why 1000 are working notices.

Last edited by AIMINGHIGH123; 19th Dec 2022 at 18:54.