PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leading Edge LEAP+FI, & TUI UK Pilot Cadet Programmes
Old 19th Dec 2022, 18:06
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoftwareDev
The email about doing the tests mentioned you would get feedback within 24 hours? I didn't get any but did get the digital video interview round.
I have been part of the recruitment process for a similar program that aimed at getting people into the software industry. We got thousands of applicants and the system automatically throttled applicants e.g. some automatically got through to the next round while some had to wait a few days. That was to reduce the amount of interviews and CVs we had backing up to review. It was like a type of batching - the first 'batch' of applicants got send through to the video round, then we reviewed and invited to an assessment day. Then the second 'batch' of applicants got picked/got invites sent out for tests and videos, then invited to a second assessment day. Successfull candidates got picked from each. We also contacted unsuccessful guys we really liked when more capacity opened up a few months later.
It ultimately ended up being the luck of the draw for those who got hired out of the thousands of applicants. I can imagine it's a similar situation with TUI. I know I did not do well in the tests but I'm just treating that as a lesson that I need to practise those as I go down the modular path and eventually apply to roles. Hopefully a high demand for this will push more airlines to start similar programs. A salary, even minimum wage, would really open this to anyone. With the TUI program you basically need 19 months of spare cash.
You get accommodation. If you really, really wanted to you could survive on £3K if you just did nothing much outside of studies. Can grind that out in two months working at McDonald’s beforehand if you are starting from scratch.