PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Vaccines and Pilots
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2022, 21:19
HappyBandit

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MalcolmReynolds
Nope I've had three Vax and never again no more, no masks no quarantine, no border closures. It's just a flu people! Nothing should have been mandatory, no lockdowns and no criminalising it. A total **** fight it was with idiots in State and Federal Parliament making it up as they went.
​​​​​​​You looked at the excess deaths for the last few years? It's insane. Yeah, just a flu. For many, the illness is mild now. Initially, prior to vaccines, anti viral etc, mortality rate for developed countries sat around 4%. So, to minimise this risk especially to those less fighting fit than yourself, Malcolm, the government had little option but to restrict movement. A smart decision I feel. You can retrospectively wax lyrical all you like about what the government did wrong. It won't change the fact that vaccine mandates etc weren't a stab at ones' autonomy. Humans exist collectively. This was for the collection of humans. The same ones you transport day in and out. From your sentiment unfortunately, it seems you're only thinking of yourself. I picked up covid recently. I thankfully recovered ok. I spoke with someone else who caught it from same person. She's now on a ventilator as we speak, having oxygen forced into her diseased, and weakening lungs. The spreader only then apologised that she knowingly went to the function not realising the consequences as it was mild for her. Moral of story is: You have no idea what other comorbidities someone else has, if they're immune compromised etc. Instead she assumed that her illness would be the same. This is why the government mandated, why companies mandated, why border restrictions put in place. Show some compassion to your fellow humans.