PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Vaccines And Reported After Effects Of Concern To Pilots
Old 18th Dec 2022, 20:19
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
I had the two Moderna injections, no boosters, and until the past couple of weeks have had no signs of Side Effects other than a sore arm.

The past two weeks I have had all of the symptoms listed but they seem mild and transient but I also have some other underlying health issues that could each cause what I am experiencing.

I have people within my social circle that have had Covid....some have had it twice...two people I know but did not associate with died from pneumonia related to Covid.

I based my decision on getting the injections on the risk/gain method....the vaccine might me feel bad (I refuse Annual Flu Shots due to that as I seem to get the Flu when I do take the injection but not when I do not) and considered the down side far more dangerous than the risk of really bad side effects.

I have taken the Hepatitis, Pneumonia, and Shingles jabs every time they were offered.

Hepatitis because of flying EMS, Pneumonia because I am old......and Shingles because I have never had it....and damn sure do not want it ever.

We all have different situatiions....medically and re exposure.

I just attended a football game where there were 50,000 people....none with masks...and lots of yelling and cheering going on.....and the only problem I encountered was a good dose of food poisoning from a bad sandwich.

One of the people I was with for the weekend is a Doctor and his views on the government and hospital administration reactions to the Covid Pandemic is not flattering to either.

The short version is there was a huge over reaction by both which resulted in the causing of far more harm than was necessary.

He was and remains in a very difficult situation as he is dealing with Patients daily but his Wife is battling a very aggressive case of Lung Cancer that requires her to travel monthly to Boston for treatment.

Thus limiting her exposure to Covid is a very important priority.

That weekend travel for the ball game is similar to Air Crew and Passengers traveling in close proximity to one another and why reasonable safety precautions should be carefully thought out and practiced.