PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2022, 17:18
ChrissyPrezzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aspiringp
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. I just want to thank those of you who replied to my previous post!
Once again, I am here to bother you all with a very trivial question.
I have been hearing conflicting information regarding the salary of a cadet pilot. Some have told me there is no salary because it is just a sponsored training course. Others have said there will be a salary. I tried doing my own research, but with no luck. On the careers page, benefits include an annual salary, but with the description "based on achieving target annual block hours". Cadets are training pilots so there are no block hours to achieve...
Could anyone knock some reality into me and tell me what benefits are offered to successful candidates throughout their "training period".

Thank you in advance.
50 percent discount on getting all your licenses plus a guaranteed employment as a relief pilot for 3+ years plus some pocket money, that's the benefit you get as a cadet. I say 50 percent is because you will have to give up monthly allowance for three years involuntarily after they offer you a job, and the total of three years allowances makes up half of the training cost. For the record, it used to be 100 percent discount up until just a few years ago.