PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 121, 135 and so on
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2022, 13:38
jrmyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCardWinner
Dear Bafanguy,

Thanks for the feedback. I already have an FAA ATP and written exam done too...I'm still impressed with how the FAA counts hours like a simulated instrument, active instrument, etc.

I just asked the examiner if you were writing down actual IMC and simulated IMC during a sector from A to B; he started laughing and said that this part of the FAA rules a big secret and just the FAA knows what's going on.

In 2017 a pilot tried to go through a petition, but the FAA meant it would be unsafe to let a well-experienced pilot fly a plane in the US even if this pilot flowed a hundred times to the US. So as you said, the FAA will not deviate from its safety attitude.
My confusion is when you say, "I already have an FAA ATP and written exam done too". Do you have an FAA ATP certificate or not? If you do, what written are you talking about? It almost sounds like you have only done the written and haven't completed the ATP checkride.

And congratulations on winning the lottery. My brother-in-law applied many years ago but didn't make it.