PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London City-4
Thread: London City-4
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2022, 12:45
ZULUBOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
This is veering well off topic, but I have never used Eurostar since, if you live more than about 50 miles north of London, it makes little sense but the only way I could see that Brexit could impact their St Pancras operation would be if French (EU) border controls were being carried at at St Pancras before boarding the train. Is that how it works? I actually fail to understand why border controls in both direction couldn't be carried out by officers on board the trains - that's how it used to be done across Europe in my Inter-Railing days (very!) pre Schengen and it seemed to work fine then.
We live in Birmingham and always use the Eurostar. This year we'll have been to Germany three times and Slovenia using it. Next year it will be Romania. I think a lot of people that use it further than 50 miles from North London will be, like us, taking it to avoid flying.

In terms of the Brexit impact the main difference is that you are having to get your passport stamped by the French border official rather than them taking a cursory glance at it