PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air-Scotland major problem ??
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2004, 17:23
Eff Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cb was tried to see if it would re set once. It poped after around 10 mins, it was tried again for interest's sake and would not hold in place, ie it poped straight away. The engineers had already been called, as well as speaking to the company and engineering in the UK. This was classed as "continual popping". I really don't see the problem here. Had the cb reset then yes the aircraft would have gone flying. Is there any problem with resetting it once and if it works accepting it? I don't think so, and legally there is nothing wrong with doing so.The aircraft was grounded following the second pop. The situation was it was never going to go flying as it states in the QRH "Do not attempt engine start", which is I am sure you will agree essential to flight. Are the crew to be deemed wrong for not accepting an aircraft with a popped CB, then incurring a delay while we rectified it out of base?
As for what the engineers do is their business. Is it more likely to go on fire when a pilot resets a CB than an engineer? I dont feel justification is needed here. The correct procedure was followed, the aircraft did not fly until it was fixed, and we had some pissed off pax, but thats the nature of the game.