PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of market share for cathay
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2022, 07:07
VforVENDETTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
Vendetta, do you have any idea at all what the salary at HKE, GBA or HKA is?
Yes. I know the googles. I know all of the googles.

They don't offer the same product, don't charge the same prices or make the same profits as cathay.
The low level dirt bag operators as they are, they've never even pretended to be anything but. As a result, they have scraped the bottm to crew their airplanes. Cathay played the part of the upper level employer using the salary, benefits etc in their compensation packages they offered as the incentive for quality crews they would attract into their service. Without it they'd have to scrape the bottom too. Without it they wouldn't have the reputation and record of safety and service which enabled them to charge premium prices for tickets. They attracted top talent based on what turned out to be a big lie when it came to matter. Cathay shat on it's loyal long time pilots after 10, 15, 20, 25 etc years of service, permanently. And its still bleeding every drop of blood it can imaginintively come up with every month.

There's dirt bag operators, and then there's cathay... a whole another lower level dirt bag operator finally out of the closet. No comparison.

It seems you're attempting to pave the way for a narrow argument. Not worth my time any further.