PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2022, 06:53
whitsunday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aspiringp
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. I just want to thank those of you who replied to my previous post!
Once again, I am here to bother you all with a very trivial question.
I have been hearing conflicting information regarding the salary of a cadet pilot. Some have told me there is no salary because it is just a sponsored training course. Others have said there will be a salary. I tried doing my own research, but with no luck. On the careers page, benefits include an annual salary, but with the description "based on achieving target annual block hours". Cadets are training pilots so there are no block hours to achieve...
Could anyone knock some reality into me and tell me what benefits are offered to successful candidates throughout their "training period".

Thank you in advance.
Historically speaking, cadets did not get paid with salary down in FTA, rather, they received some allowance from the company so that they can go out with their mates when they are not flying. (Not a lot I am sure about that) And because of that, folks who have family and kids needed to think twice and thrice before taking that deal. That was before covid. Now, since they split the training in two locations, 6 months in Hong Kong, 6 months somewhere else, I am not sure if they will ever entertain with that idea. But one thing for sure is, you will not get paid with full salary, even if they give you money, it won't be a lot for sure.

The salary package you see on the website, that is for those who have completed the training, who are offered a job as a Second Officer, not for Cadets. It is so misleading I know, they should have put a remark or change some of the wording, but, again, this is Cathay Pacific we are talking about here.